Our Workshop on Wednesday 11th November from 09:40 to 12:30
Title: Convergence of Space and Cyber to achieve Multi-Domain Resiliency
Moderation: Dr. Frank Schubert, Head of Defence and Aerospace Security, Airbus CyberSecurity
Current and future key systems of the defence and civil landscape rely on satellite services. Applications like space-based intelligence, earth observation, satellite communication and satellite navigation possess paramount value to everyday civil life and the armed forces. Examples are the agricultural industry that depends on accurate weather data and operations on the sea or in the air, where satellite communication is often the only means of communicating with other units. The connectivity aspect also becomes important when systems-of-systems will rely on satellite communications in case no other means for data transmission are unavailable.
The resilience of the armed forces and civil critical infrastructure hence can depend largely on the resilience of the space domain. As satellites and their user and control equipment consist of cyber-physical components that interact with other systems and potentially cloud services, special attention lies on the safeguarding of the resilience of such devices.
The questions that the workshop will answer are: How can a comprehensive protection of space-based systems be achieved? How can a mission be secured across its ground, space, user, and link segments? Which aspects need to be taken into account to achieve a system’s accreditation in the future?
The agenda of the workshop is as follow:
- 09:45-10:00: Introduction, Dr. Frank Schubert
- 10:00-10:30: “Cyber in Space” Massimo Mercati, Head of the Security Office, European Space Agency
- 10:30-11:00: “A Space Parable: Takeaways from Exploiting Satellite Broadband”, James Pavur, University of Oxford
- 11:00-11:15: Break
- 11:15-11:45: “Applications of quantum protocols and post-quantum crypto in aerospace“, Prof. Dr. Thomas Strang, German Aerospace Center
- 11:45-12:15: “Advancing Cybersecurity Across Domains in Support of Military, Homeland Security Forces, and Critical Infrastructure Protection”, Constantin Schlachetzki, IABG
- 12:15-12:30: Q&A, discussion, conclusion.
Visit the website for further information.
Back to Events